Yes, you read that right, 60+ knots! Vanquish is building this beauty for a true boating fan in Florida who owns a fleet of fast yachts. We’re proud to be working on this super-fast weekender on which the owner and his guests will spend a great deal of time enjoying one of his favourite pastimes: diving. The VQ45 will be fully customised so that all the client’s wishes can be met, including:
- Two boarding doors to make the yacht easily accessible to divers and all their gear as well as ensuring smooth boarding at waterside restaurants.
- A hydraulic swimming ladder/passerelle combination between the four outboard engines to enhance the watersport fun and accessibility.
- Underwater lighting all around.
- A comfortable interior featuring bespoke windows in the hull so the client can enjoy great views from his bed in the mornings.
- The spacious U-shaped seating area on the foredeck will be deeper than normal and combined with a larger table to ensure this typical Vanquish USP can comfortably accommodate six people.
- Glass-in-glass sliding windows in the sides of the hard top will generate natural ventilation.
Semi-outside with air conditioning
The owner specifically wanted his VQ45 to be a Hard Top model to facilitate the choice between dining al fresco or semi-outside with air conditioning. The yacht will also be used in New York in the summer season with its more unpredictable weather conditions and this set-up will protect all onboard against rain and wind when needed.
We also need to meet the high requirements requested in terms of speed so are partnering with Mercury Marine to make these client wishes come true. The yacht will be fitted with not one, not two, not three, but four Mercury Verado V12 outboard engines complete with joystick controls and a sky hook. Each providing a whopping 600 hp, making a grand total of 2400 hp that will indeed give this VQ45 Veloce a top speed of at least 60 knots.
We will share more information on this power-packed project in your next Update. Meanwhile, check out this video on the latest innovations in the field of outboard engines.